It was great to reconnect with Carole Hoffner, an old friend
and long-time wife of a recently-deceased high school classmate of mine.
Click here to watch a brief video I shot at the grand re-opening gala at Otto's BMW
CLICK HERE to see my video review of the
Felco® #6 and #12 bypass pruning shears.
They are the best tools of their type in the world.
CLICK HERE (or on the photo above) to see images from my latest trip to Boston
Click here or on the photo above
Click here to watch my brief Flag Day video.
Click here to see more of my new friend
to see scanned slides from my life
from the 1950s to the 1990s.
This will be a work in progress.
Jennifer gave me a CanoScan 9000F Mark II for my birthday, and it's been fun restoring images
trapped in long-neglected slides. I've begun posting samples (CLICK HERE), but here's my caption
for this treasure from Christmas Day, 1972:
"Who needs Common Core when you're introducing the basics at 26 months."
The official 2016 daddy-daughter Christmas portrait
(Click here to see more images from our blessed holiday)
Click here to watch my video review of the Allen Co. Eliminator All-in-One shooting bag.
Best enjoyed full-screen on a tablet or larger device, with the audio up. Select high-def.
Having missed my annual visit to Boston in 2015,
I was very happy to spend this year's Memorial Day weekend with Jennifer.
Click here to see some photos of our time together.
Celebrating my belated birthday with the family
at the Merion Cricket Club (March 13, 2016)
Mr. Beams Stick-Anywhere lights: click here to watch my first video review for 2016
Sometimes your dollies and your dog
are comfort enough.
(Jennifer and Mac in our tiny
gatehouse in Bryn Mawr -- January 1974)
My blooming Dendrobium kingianum, a reliable harbinger of spring.
Click here or on the photo above to see the entire plant.
This is what nine degrees looked like at 8:45 a.m. on Friday, February 13, 2015.
Click here to see the full-sized photograph, and enlarge your browser window for maximum detail.
Our 2014 traditional daddy-daughter Christmas portrait.
Click here for more holiday images.
The wild phlox, with their soft blue/violet blooms,
offer a pleasing contrast with the periwinkle.
Each spring they pop up in the most surprising places,
which is part of the fun.
-- CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE SEASONAL PHOTOS AROUND THE PROPERTY --
This was my early morning view from the patio as I was refilling the bird feeder.
God's infinite palette on display. (Saturday, February 1, 2014)
Light and shadows at the end of a snowy day in Villanova
(December 10, 2013 at the barn)
Drizzly, mid-40s: perfect preconditions for a nap
(the back patio at the barn — December 6, 2013)
Do you have old movies and memories deteriorating on film and VHS tapes?
I encourage you to follow my lead and have them digitized by YesVideo.
If you click on this link, you and I will both get a FREE transfer.
But it's really important to use my affiliate link for this win/win to work.
Any questions? Click here to send me an email.
"HANGING BY A THREAD"
(posted October 6, 2013)
On a walk up to the library via the Radnor Trail yesterday,
I happened to see this dried leaf overhead, bobbing and twisting
at the end of an almost invisible silken strand.
Fortunately, I had my little Canon SD990 point-and-shoot with me,
and among the dozens of photos I took, this is my favorite.
(September 5, 2013)
My favorite Vanderbilt grads at a late-summer reunion on Nantucket
Left to right: Elena, Elena, Jennifer, and Michelle
As a photographer and videographer with a passion for storytelling,
I've been increasingly aware of how critical good lighting is
in capturing and communicating the essence and artistry of a scene.
My latest acquisition in this quest for excellence was a 500 LED lightbox
and equally important, an inflatable "softbox" from AIRBOX LIGHTS.
This essential component diffuses and directs the light for an optimal outcome.
I encourage you to click here (or on the images above) to learn more,
and if you decide to order on Amazon (best price), be sure to enter
as a promotional code at final checkout to get a 10% DISCOUNT.
Questions or comments for me? Click here to send me an email.
It was a lovely day to shoot some video at my brother's place.
Click here to take a brief tour of their beautiful property.
Be sure to choose HD (720p) and watch full-screen, audio up.
I discovered this family vacation footage from 64 years ago,
and paired it with Patti Page's poignant pæan to "Old Cape Cod."
It runs three minutes, and you can watch it by clicking here.
* * *
Three hours after three years: it was an easy and instant reconnection
with Anne Blair Brown over a delicious and lingering lunch
at the White Dog Café in Wayne on a sunny Friday, May 10, 2013.
She was in town for the Plein Air Festival at the Wayne Art Center,
the event where we met in May 2010. You should check out her work.
Beautiful interpretations of life. Click here to go to her website.
Click here to watch a video I shot while she worked on location.
* * *
Thanks to my cousin Bill, who was kind enough to scan the 72-year-old negative,
I now have another great photo of my much-missed grandfather (aka Grandpop Hallahan).
Here is his in 1941 (age 58), casting for trout and landlocked salmon on Lake Kennebago,
just outside Rangeley, Maine. Within a decade, I was following in his footsteps,
and continued to visit Grant's Camps well into adulthood, even taking
Jennifer and her mom late in the 1970s. I hope to return someday soon.
Click here to see what Grant's looks like today.
* * *
Stillness and beauty at 8 a.m. when I went out to the patio to refill the bird feeder.
No alteration of the photograph: this is exactly how it looked. (Sunday, January 6, 2012)
Click here to read my reflections on the moment on Radnor Patch.
* * *
Our final morning in Kennebunkport
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Click here to see more photos and a brief video of the Cape Arundel Inn.
Click here to see photos and a video from our cruise on the schooner Eleanor.
* * *
Another fun family gathering, this one on Easter at Overbrook Golf Club.
Click here for more information and an adorable shot of my grandniece.
|Welcome To My World
John Dallas Bowers
My 16-millimeter Memory series
For about a decade beginning in 1938, my father took 16mm movies
of our family, some black and white, but most in color (unusual for the day).
Early in the 1980s, he had the deteriorating film transferred to VHS tape.
With concern for its durability, I decided to transfer those silent images
to a digital format, editing them and adding music and captions.
I've begun to upload these short clips on YouTube.
Click here to begin your journey back in time.
* * *
Through the grace of God
(Click on the pistol image for a closer look
and the sacrifice of our citizens
The Second Amendment:
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING!
at the Smith & Wesson 442 snub-nose revolver)
Click here to visit my NRA Page
|Please continue to scroll down to see more of my story
Click here to see assorted video clips of moments in my life.
Click here to visit my Facebook profile page
* * *
Two vendor recommendations (HostGator & 123inks)
Ready to start (or move) your website?
I've been with HostGator for years,
and recommend them enthusiastically.
Their strong points include:
Click here (or on the logo above) to get started.
- Live, Texas-based, English-speaking tech support 24/7
- Highly reliable servers
- UNLIMITED SPACE/UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH!
- Practical web-building tools and templates -- FREE
- Inexpensive (plans starting at $4.86/month for unlimited bandwidth)
If you do, I'd love to get your feedback.
* * *
Among the many places online and elsewhere to buy inkjet and laser printer cartridges,
I've found that 2inks.com stands apart for its excellent prices, top quality products,
and "above and beyond" customer service. They are my one and only ink and toner vendor.
Click here -- or on their logo above -- to visit their website. Feel free to use me as a reference.
Face-to-face: happiness is snuggling with my grandnephew
(Thomas Newton Ward, IV - Thanksgiving 2001)
Side-by-side: Thomas and I reconnect at Christmas 2007.
It turns out we both love pistols and the piano. Genes rule!
A LOOK AT MY STORY
The early years (l to r): Drexel Park, ca. 1942; Ocean City, NJ, ca. 1945; Drexel Hill School, 1952 & 1954
Welcome to my website.
To reach the page of choice, simply click on the link provided.
* * *
Click here (or on the logo above)
to visit my professional website
to visit my blog, which is in its infancy
Here's what it looks like around my home about now
- The Barn -- Warm weather has returned to Villanova!
Articles of mine published in The Suburban & Wayne Times
Other stories I think you'll enjoy...
- "An evening at the Waldorf" (Gourmet, 1978) -- A great hotel plays a key role in a touching tale of love and courtship
- "The amazing grace of Christmas morn" (The Washington Times) -- Wesley Pruden's great piece on John Newton
- EPIC (John Eldredge) -- "There is a larger story, and you have a crucial role to play"
- My Kinsman, Major Molineux (1832) -- Historical realism and hair-raising suspense penned by Nathaniel Hawthorne (author's biography and downloadable pdf of the short story)
And now, in no particular order, the rest of my online story...
- John Dallas Bowers, LLC -- This is where you'll learn what I do for a living
- Cousin George (1792 - 1864) -- A bit of history on my estimable cousin, George Mifflin Dallas
- Spring Garden Soup Society (1852) -- One of the volunteer venues in which I serve
- The Graduate (1858) -- My great-grandfather's diploma from Philadelphia's prestigious Central High School
- Abraham Lincoln: The Final Photograph (1865) -- It was a windy afternoon on the White House south portico
- The Bowers Family (ca. 1906) -- My great-grandparents and their children sit for a formal family portrait
- E. Stanley Bowers, Sr. -- "The first Stanley" and my paternal grandfather
- E. Stanley Bowers, Jr. (ca. 1914, ca. 1930) -- My father, ages seven and thirty (or thereabouts)
- Continental Mills (ca. 1930) -- A lithograph and brief history of my father's company
- Marjorie Hallahan Bowers (1910 - 2003) -- Words from Mom's funeral service, December 10, 2003
- My Myers Briggs Profile (2002) -- Learn more about what it means to be this ENFP
- Crozer-Keystone Health System -- My involvement as a volunteer in health care began in 1986
- FELCO® Bypass Pruning Shears (2017) -- Watch my video review of these remarkable, Swiss-made garden tools
- 1977: A Year of Consequential Choices -- A successful book, a new career, a move to the beloved barn in Villanova
- Father's Day at Overbrook (2017) -- Another evening of fine food and fellowship with the family
- My Trip to Boston (2017) -- Great food and great fun with my daughter
- A New Friend at the Barn (2017) -- A female garter snake makes an appearance (at least temporarily)
- Adieu not goodbye (2017) -- Our Old Guard Crozer-Keystone hospice volunteers gather for a farewell lunch
- Easter at Overbrook (2017) -- Having Jennifer home for the weekend made it even more special
- Christmas 2016 -- Images from another blessed family holiday
- Thanksgiving 2016 -- Grateful for so many things, especially my daughter and our family
- CKHS Hospice Volunteers -- These are some of the wonderful folks on our hospice team
- iMac Support (2016)
- Independence Day Celebration (2016) -- Family fun at my nephew's home on July 4th
- Memorial Day Weekend in Boston (2016) -- Time with my daughter is always a gift
- Easter 2016 -- Any time Jennifer comes home is a special occasion
- Christmas 2015 -- A few images of a wonderful holiday with Jennifer and my family
- Fall Foliage (2015) -- The leaves of autumn never disappoint here at the barn
- Stan & Barb's 50th Anniversary (2015) -- A lovely evening of remembrance and reconnection
- Flowering Dutch Clover (2015) -- This beautiful lawn covering is a nice distraction from the weeds
- Radnor Little League Playoff (2015) -- Video highlights of Quintin's final game of the season
- Easter Dinner at Overbrook (April 2015) -- Another fun family time, made even better with Jennifer home
- An Orchid in Bloom (February 2015) -- When the Dendrobium buds open, I know spring is near
- Crystalline Clarity (February 2015) -- The hand of the Creator on a nine-degree morning at the barn
- The Birthday Girls of 2015 -- The family gathered at Overbrook for a tripartite celebration
- Christmas 2014 -- A few images of a wonderful holiday with Jennifer and my family
- New Roof on the Barn (October 2014) -- Thirty-some years later, it was time to replace my split-cedar roof
- Updated Boston Memories (July 2014) -- Another summer treat: more time with Jennifer
- Thomas Ward: Philadelphia Freedoms Ball Boy (2014) -- Watch YouTube highlights of this fun family night
- Bridget's Fifth Birthday (2014) -- A pool party at my brother's home and dinner at the Cricket Club
- Boston Memories (May 2014) -- A wonderful few days visiting my adorable daughter
- Spring's Floral Fugue (2014) -- A succession of beautiful blossoms brightens this wonderful season
- The March Birthday Boys (2014) -- Quintin and I blow out the candles at Merion Cricket
- Christmas 2013 -- Click on the thumbnail photos for a closer look
- Leaves Ablaze (2013) -- Fall has a feeling all its own here in Villanova
- Radnor Republican School Board Candidates (2013) -- Brief videos I produced for the fall campaign
- Thomas's First Tennis Tourney at MCC (2013) -- My grandnephew made it to the quarter-finals at Merion Cricket
- iMovie'11 & iDVD: The Missing Manual (2013) -- The information Apple should have provided
- My Mutineer (ca. 1972 - 1984) -- My first (and only) sailboat, a 15-foot sloop that was totally "yar"
- Bridget's Fourth Birthday (2013) -- The family gathers at our usual table on the porch at the Cricket Club
- Reclaiming the Back Patio (2013) -- Ending a couple of years of inattention provided an excellent workout
- Visiting Jennifer over Memorial Day (2013) -- Five wonderful days with my adorable daughter
- Tammy & Alex Tie the Knot (2013) -- Photos and a video from this heart-touching celebration
- Co-celebrants at the Cricket Club (2013) -- Quintin and I were fêted at Merion in honor of our birthdays
- Saying Goodbye to Susan and Mike (2013) -- The Goldeners hosted a lovely dinner for departing neighbors
- Carrie Baxter's Farewell Lunch (2013) -- After 4+ years as our hospice volunteer coördinator, Carrie moves on
- First Cousins Celebrate Their Birthdays (2013) -- Barbara and Susan fêted at the Merion Cricket Club
- Stan Celebrates a Birthday (2013) -- The family gathered at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
- Thanksgiving Sampler (1981) -- Family recipes on a poster I produced for a local radio station
- Thanksgiving Dinner at the Club (2012) -- Family and friends gathered at Merion Cricket
- Romney Victory Rally (2012) -- Mitt speaks to an overflow crowd at Valley Forge Military Academy
- Cape Arundel Inn (2012) -- Jennifer and I returned to this lovely spot after a hiatus of more than 25 years
- The Schooner Eleanor (2012) -- A farewell cruise on the last day of our Kennebunkport vacation
- Radnor-Chester Road's West Side Soirée (2012) -- Photos and a video of our lovely neighborhood party
- 2012 Pack 110 Campfire -- Thomas Ward "crosses over" from Cub to Boy Scout
- Tee Ball on a Saturday Afternoon (2012) -- Quintin acquitted himself quite well
- Easter Dinner at Overbrook (2012) -- A wonderful time with the family
- Boston 2012 -- The best birthday present ever: visiting Jennifer in her new home
- 2012 Pinewood Derby -- Thomas distinguishes himself on St. Patrick's Day
- Jamie Grace -- My buddy, Karl, brought this gifted young singer to my attention
- "Queen's Tears"(2012) -- My favorite bromeliad blooms once a year
- Movie Music -- Listen to some of my favorite songs from movie soundtracks (a work in progress)
- Night Shot (2012) -- A winter night's view facing south from my patio
- Welcoming the New Year (2012) -- Our small band of brothers gathers at the barn
- Class Cooking (2011) -- Watch renowned local chef Susan Winokur prepare a delicious dinner
- Adam Carolla Dissects the OWS Entitlement Mentality -- The language is rough; the reasoning is impeccable
- Michael & Erica Vadasz Get Married (2011) -- It was a lovely wedding and reception
- September 17, 2011: What a Night! -- A birthday dinner and an NLE Division championship
- CKHS Hospice Volunteers (2011) -- Group photo taken after the Volunteer Appreciation lunch at Drexelbrook
- Pistols & Table Trap at DCF&S (2011) -- Caroline rocked the range in her firearms debut
- 2011 "Men in His Image" Beach Retreat -- A dozen guys gather to share their stories and love of Jesus
- My Grandnephews at Little League (2011) -- Watch several short, sweet videos of Thomas and Quintin
- Thomas Ward IV at the Pinewood Derby (2011) -- My grandnephew acquits himself quite well
- John Dallas Hallahan, M.D. (1917 - 2010) -- My beloved Uncle Jack's obituary
- Christmas Day 2010 -- The entire family gathers at my brother's home for a lovely evening of reconnection and celebration (video)
- Christmas Eve 2010 -- Jennifer and Susan join me for dinner and games in front of the fire (video)
- Thanksgiving 2010 -- Jennifer joins us for wonderful day with friends and family
- "Remember in November!" (2010) -- Thousands of Tea Party patriots come to the Capitol on 9/12; millions more expressed themselves on election day
- Celebrating Jennifer's Birthday (2010) -- I spent a delightful weekend in DC with my daughter
- "Restoring Honor" Rally (2010) -- More than 500,000 Americans gather in Washington, DC on 8/28
- Bridget's First Birthday Party (2010) -- My grandniece celebrates with family and friends at the Merion Cricket Club
- Father's Day with Jennifer (2010) -- The Cleopatra exhibit followed by dinner at FISH
- 2010 "Men in His Image" Beach Retreats -- Examining (and sharing) our stories in a beautiful setting
- Christmas at the Barn (2009) -- A video and a lovely evening in the spirit of the holiday
- Bridget's Baptism (2009) -- Photos and a video of my grandniece's baptism and reception
- 2009 "Men in His Image" Beach Retreats -- Lives explored and shared in a beautiful setting
- My NRA Page -- My appreciation and enjoyment of firearms started early and flourishes today thanks to the NRA
- Celebrating My Birthday With Jennifer (2009) -- A trip to Mount Vernon and a delicious dinner in the best possible company
- Christmas Scenes (2008) -- Various moments from my favorite season
- 2008 Taste of Radnor Photography Competition -- I didn't win a prize this time around, but here's who did
- The McCain/Palin Rally (2008) -- 15,000 excited supporters welcomed the candidates to Media
- 2008 "Men in His Image" Beach Retreat -- Friends gathered for an excellent weekend of fellowship, reflection, and fun
- Trapshooting on Easter Saturday (2008) -- It was a gorgeous day for pulverizing clay targets with friends
- "Cardiac Cath?" "No Thanks, Just Had One" (2008) -- The rabbit trail that led to an excellent experience
- My Beretta AL391 Urika Trap Shotgun (2007) -- This renowned 12-gauge semi-automatic will maximize my modest skills
- Visiting the Wards at Christmas (2007) -- It was great reconnecting with my niece and her family
- Christmas Dinner at Home (1957) -- A family gathering at 463 Eaton Road, Drexel Park, PA
- Christmas Day (2007) -- Photos and video clips from a wonderful day of celebration
- The Christmas Table (2007) -- Waterloo Gardens had just the treats to create a festive atmosphere
- FOR SALE: 10-gauge Black Powder shells (2007) -- Jon discovered his shotgun is actually a 12-gauge. Oops.
- I've Just Seen Jesus (2007) -- This soaring duet by Sandi Patty and Larnelle Harris is simply amazing
- A Majestic Ash Bites the Dust (2007) -- Mortally wounded, this beautiful tree needed to come down -- fast!
- 2007 Taste of Radnor Photo Contest -- The winning photos highlighted in a full-page story in the Suburban (188 kb pdf)
- Pride and Prejudice (2007) -- Julia Warner delivers a boffo performance as Elizabeth Bennet
- Denny Gilbert -- In Memoriam (2007) -- My dear friend and brother in Christ is now with the Lord
- Taste of Radnor Photo Contest (2007) -- These are my entries for this second annual event held at the Wayne Art Center
- Pistol Practice at French Creek (2007) -- Jon Weaver and I spent several enjoyable hours perforating targets at 25 yards (see the video)
- Radnor High School Homecoming (2007) -- It was a beautiful night for football; too bad Radnor lost
- Pistol-Packin'' Pals Shoot-em Up at DCF&S (2007) -- Jon Weaver and I take to the target range (and amaze ourselves)
- Save the Radnor-St. Davids Post Office (2007) -- A local treasure may soon be gone forever
- Ruth Ann's Commencement Celebration (2007) -- Friends and family fete Ruth Ann Batstone on her life transition
- Lee Hewitt Celebrates 60 (2007) -- Dozens of friends and family gather at the Claypool's lovely home in Devon
- My Father's Day Dinner at Blackfish (2007) -- Jennifer and I had read a tantalizing review and couldn't resist
- Our Night at Arnold's (2007) -- The boys tear up the track at Arnold's Go-Karts
- Main Line Jazz & Food Festival (2007) -- The rain held off just long enough
- Christmas Night (2006) -- I join Jennifer and her mom for a delightful evening
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (2006) -- And Santa was good to his word
- "Nightlight" (2006) -- Suddenly, the northeastern sky turned silvery-white
- "Taste of Radnor" Photo Competition (2006) -- Newspaper coverage of the winning entries (621kb pdf)
- The Warner's Multiple-Birthday Celebration (2006) -- My neighbors invite me to join the festivities
- A Sunday Drive to DC (2006) -- Celebrating Jennifer's birthday with dim sum and a movie
- FIRE! (2006) -- Neighbors escape injury as flames destroy their home in less than an hour
- UK 2006 -- Photographic memories of my time with Jennifer in London and the Highlands of Scotland
- An Afternoon's Delight (2006) -- A surprisingly extended visit with an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
- Radnor Fire Company Marks its 100th (2006) -- A century of service celebrated on May 6, 2006
- Snow-foolin' (2006) -- Lots of white stuff on Lincoln's Birthday
- Christmas Night 2005 -- The barn was made for this glorious season
- Lunch at the Hallahans (2005) -- Visiting with my adored Aunt Marion and Uncle Jack
- Lunch with the DeGraws (2005) -- Ron and I were classmates and good friends at Upper Darby High School
- Happy Birthday, Jack! (2005) -- The irrepressible Jack Tompkins celebrates his first birthday
- The Stokes' 25th Wedding Anniversary (2005) -- Liza, Ben, and Will surprise their parents
- Thanksgiving Dinner (2005) -- We gathered at Susan's for an evening of food and fun
- Reconnecting with the Fabers (2005) -- A delightful day with old and dear friends
- The Old Order Changeth (2005) -- After 28 years of stellar service, it was time for an equipment upgrade
- Uncle Jack's 88th Birthday (2005) -- John Dallas Hallahan celebrates with his family
- UDHS Reunion - Part Deux (2005) -- Reconnecting with Grace Manwiller Hay after 45 years
- Father's Day 2005 -- Another delightful day with my daughter in Washington, DC
- Scenes from my 45th Reunion (2005) -- Upper Darby High School's Class of 1960 reunites at the Airport Hilton
- January 23, 2005 -- Shoveling out from a big snow on the day the Eagles clinch the NFC title
- Christmas Day (2004) -- Reprising a timeless and treasured tradition with my daughter
- Fall's Finale (2004) -- Contrasting maples against a deep blue Hallowe'en sky
- Election 2004 -- Buoyed by a vote of of historic proportions, George W. Bush is elected to a second term
- The Rehearsal Dinner (2004) -- Stan and Jennifer celebrate the night before their wedding
- The Wedding (2004) -- Stan and Jennifer commit their hearts and lives to each other
- The Reception (2004) -- Warm words, wonderful food, and lots of dancing
- Political Speech Writ Large (2004) -- Disappearing lawn signs led me to step it up a notch
- Dinner at Patou (2004) -- Jennifer and I celebrate her birthday with a delicious dinner downtown
- Royals Reunite (2004) -- Lunch reconnections with fellow alums from UDHS (aka The Royals)
- The Birthday Boy (2004) -- Friends and family gather to help Ross celebrate his 65th
- Fly Fishing in Idaho (2004) -- Jennifer and I make more lifetime memories (five pages of photos)
- Pitcher Perfect (2004) -- A catch-up lunch with Stacie and her baseball-loving daughter
- My New Neighbor (2004) -- It's nice to have a snake around the place
- Baseball with the boys (2004) -- A night of baseball and bonding at the Reading Phillies (two pages of photos)
- Memorial Day Memories (2004) -- Watching this Wayne tradition with good friends (two pages of photos)
- Confirmation (2004) -- A three-page photo album celebrating the next step in Jennifer's spiritual journey
- Friends (2004) -- These guys are an important piece of my life
- Hair today, gone tomorrow (2004) -- David has been cutting my hair for over fifteen years
- The barn in spring - #1 (2004) -- Azaleas and ferns
- The barn in spring - #2 (2004) -- Lilies of the valley, wild phlox, and silla
- The barn in spring - #3 (2004) -- Pieris japonica and flowering dogwood
- The barn in spring - #4 (2004) -- Leather leaf hydrangea and Solomon's Seal
- Barbara and Barbara (2004) -- Two wonderful gals in my life
- April at the barn -- The delicate delights of spring
- Reconnecting at Wynnewood Park (2003) -- Mom gets a visit from her brother and family
- My trip to Washington (2003) -- John, Jennifer, Elena & Keith dine in the White House mess
- My trip to Washington (2003) -- John & Jennifer visit the Anne Frank exhibit
- My trip to Washington (2003) -- A rare, private, after-hours tour of the West Wing
- My trip to Washington (2003) -- John takes the podium in the White House press briefing room
- My trip to Washington (2003) -- Marvelous mementos of a perfect day
- Dinner dance at the White House (2001) -- Jennifer joins the Bushes for a lovely holiday evening
- Christmas day (2001) -- And the best present was time with my daughter
- Christmas eve at the Halls (2001) -- The lobster fest tradition continues
- Fall at the barn (2001) -- So proud to be an American
- The Wedding of the Year (2001) -- Click here to begin a photo tour of Elena & Bob's big day
- One grand nephew, one terrific day (2001) -- The dedication of Thomas Newton Ward, IV
- One grand nephew, one terrific day (2001) -- More scenes from the post-baptismal festivities
- September 11, 2001 -- Terrorists attack and destroy the twin towers of New York City's World Trade Center
- Summer reunion (2001) -- Up from DC, Jennifer and Elena help Mom and me reprise a wonderful tradition
- Summer reunion (2001) -- The Carlsons join us for a delightful day of reconnection
- Summer reunion (2001) -- Hangin' out and catchin' the rays
- Summer reunion (2001) -- First looks, final good-byes
- Daytrip to DC (2001) -- Mom and I visit Jennifer in her new home
- Mom celebrates her 91st (2001) -- Stan and Barbara join Mom and me for dinner in my home
- Cross-country skiing (2001) -- Jon and Janet invite me to join them in the Poconos
- Christmas dinner (2000) -- The family comes together at my brother's home
- Scenes from my fortieth reunion (2000) -- Upper Darby High School's class of 1960 reunites at Drexelbrook
- Lisa & Matt's wedding weekend (2000) -- The daughter of long-time friends ties the knot in Chestertown
- Lisa & Matt's wedding weekend (2000) -- Scenes from the rehearsal dinner and reception
- Lisa & Matt's wedding weekend (2000) -- Chestertown snapshots
- Girls gotta have fun (1983) -- Just hangin' out on the boards in OC for Jennifer's 13th birthday weekend
- Friends in from Utah (1999) -- Sharing the season and historic Philadelphia with Terry, Pat & Kristen
- Chelsea Place Flowers -- Pinks and purples abound in the summer of 2000
- Ocean City 2000 -- Jennifer and Elena join Mom and me over Labor Day weekend
- Road to the White House (2000) -- Sharing the GOP Convention with my daughter and her friends
- And the rockets red glare (2000) -- More Convention celebrations following GW's acceptance speech
- A final Convention week memory (2000) -- Lunch with John McLaughlin
- Tying the knot (2000) --Whitney and Chad plight their troth before family and friends
- A tale of two Aprils (2000) -- What a difference a week can make!
- A beautiful fall finale (2000) -- Crisp days and frosty nights provide a delightful prelude to winter
- Winter wonderland (2000) -- Let it snow, let it blow, let it melt
- Mom celebrates a milestone (2000) -- Before H.M.S. Titanic, there was Mom
- Summer fun with the Inglenookers (1999) -- Good food, good sports, good friends
- More Inglenook summer fun (1999) -- Refreshment and reminiscing with old friends
- Christmas Eve in Broomall (1999) -- Lobsters, laughter and loving friends
- A New Years reconnection (2000) -- Three generations meet in Media
- Christmas dinner (1999) -- A family gathering at my brother's home
- 'Tis the season (1999) -- This is the tree that was
- Thanksgiving dinner (1999) -- Turkey and all the fixin's with the family at my place
- Connecting at Christmas (1998) -- Selected moments on Christmas Day
- Grandpop (1945) -- The inestimable impact of an early mentor
- Cousins -- Then and (nearly) now
- Summer reunion in Media (1990) -- Close connections with extended family
- Never far from nature (1968) -- Jack & Marion; Marjorie & Bill at Skunk Cabin
- The cabin in Vermont (1994) -- Vacationing with loved ones
- Mothers and daughters (1913 & 1972) -- Elizabeth & Marjorie; Susan & Jennifer
- Travels with my daughter (1998) -- Gorgeous memories of Villefranche-sur-Mer
- Jennifer's Sweet Sixteen Birthday Video (1986) -- A fun weekend in Ocean City
- Camp Kehonka (1985) -- Jennifer remembers her summers there as the high point of her youth
- Camp Oneka (1981) -- By all accounts, Jennifer loved her first overnight camp experience
- Buddies (1971) -- Jennifer and Mac in the gatehouse
- Beachin' through the years (1903-1986) -- "Down-the-shore" in Ocean City, NJ
- My First Job (1960) -- Counselor at Friends' Central Day Camp
- Upper Darby Senior High School's "All School Show" (1958) -- I played "Tea for Two"
- Pomp and Circumstance (1954) -- Class photo at graduation, Drexel Hill Elementary
- Camp Mitigwa (1955, 1956, 1957) -- Memories of Camp Mitigwa in Rangeley, ME
- Oh baby baby (1942 & 1970) -- A collage of cuties (father & daughter)
- Dance, ballerina, dance! (ca. 1975) -- It may have been the outfits
- Stanleys through the years -- Four generations and lots of similarities
- Mom and Dad (1933 & 1973) -- Lansdowne to Drexel Park: one mile, forty years
- Friends over at Christmas (ca. 1985) -- Michael & Lisa with Michael & Lisa
My journey and vision
I'm not relaxing...I'm thinking.